Home owner/ Parent The important things for homeowners and parents to know about radon.
- Radon is present to varying degrees in every home and can cause lung cancer.
- About 100,000 houses in Ireland are affected by high radon levels.
- Radon is primarily a risk to smokers, ex-smokers and passive smokers.
- Children are also at an increased risk because their accumulation of dosage starts earlier in life.
- Every house new or old should be tested for radon.
- Radon is simple to test for. Simply go to our products page to order a home radon test kit. There is no need to for anyone to visit your home.
- If you have a radon problem in your home it is usually easily fixed. It can generally be done in a day and typically costs less than €1,000. There is no mess or damage to internal walls or floors.