Home owner/ Parent The important things for homeowners and parents to know about radon.
- Radon is present to varying degrees in every home and can cause lung cancer.
- About 100,000 houses in Ireland are affected by high radon levels.
- Radon is primarily a risk to smokers, ex-smokers and passive smokers.
- Children are also at an increased risk because their accumulation of dosage starts earlier in life.
- Every house new or old should be tested for radon.
- A home radon test is simple to do. Simply go to our products page to purchase your own home digital radon monitor which will allow you to continuously monitor the radon levels in your home. There is no need to for anyone to visit your home.
- More than likely and with a bit of luck your home will low radon levels. But if you find you have a radon problem in your home it is usually easily fixed. It can generally be done in a day and typically costs less than €2,000. There is no mess or damage to internal walls or floors.